Friday, 7 January 2011

G is for... Gruyere, Petit Gaugry, Golden Cenarth, Gorgonzola and Double Gloucester served with gherkins and grapes

Cheeseboard



I usually try, where possible, to make the cheeseboard varied - one soft, one firm, one goats' or sheep's milk cheese and one blue. This time, however, I went all out on the cows' milk cheese. It was largely by accident, but mostly because I picked up the G cheeses I like best, which just happened to be bovine. I served them with grapes and gherkins.

Petit Gaugry is a French unpasteurised cows' milk cheese similar to Epoisses de Bourgogne, which is washed in Marc de Bourgogne. Golden Cenarth is an organic soft cows' milk cheese from Wales. I picked up both of these from Paxton and Whitfield. The other cheeses I bought at Waitrose: Gruyere is a firm Swiss unpasteurised cows' milk cheese, Double Gloucester is an English unpasteurised cows' milk cheese and Gorgonzola is an Italian pasteurised cows' milk blue.


No comments:

Post a Comment